Wednesday, October 30, 2013

No Buyer's Remorse!

I recently went car shopping. I always get an uncomfortable feeling as the car salesman approaches me. It is that feeling of the fear of commitment. The fear of saying or doing something that would commit me to something I was not quite ready to sign on the dotted line for. I like to think through a major purchase. Spontaneity has gotten me in trouble in the past and I try to learn from those mistakes. Buyer's remorse. Maybe you are like me. “Don’t push me to do anything!” Right?

Commitment is a struggle for many people in many areas of life. For some, the mere mention of “Church Membership” causes apprehension and anxiety, and for others, the result is apathy and a half-hearted response. I would like to challenge every regular attendee, everyone who calls Orange Friends Church ‘home’, and all who have ‘landed’ in relationship with one another at OFC to a commitment in covenant with one another. I hope that six weeks of processing the Marks of Membership have helped you to “Re-Member” what being a committed part of the local body of believers entails. You have not been “pushed”, “coerced”, or “manipulated”. Over the last several weeks you have been biblically informed, spiritually encouraged, and lovingly exhorted to sign on the dotted line and make your commitment official. This is a call to not only “buy”, but “drive”. Be a transformed, growing, engaged, generous, and accountable member of the body of Christ! There is no room for dead, non-committal, here-today-gone-tomorrow body parts!

This Sunday we will complete our Re-Member series with a celebration service reviewing and committing to the 5 Marks of Membership. Whether you are a member in an official capacity, a committed regular attender, or intend to officially join in the near future, this Sunday is for you, for me, and for us to celebrate together! ...All in!...No fear, no regrets, no buyer's remorse!

See you Sunday,
May God richly bless you,
May God richly bless Orange Friends Church!

Pastor David


No comments:

Post a Comment