Thursday, June 13, 2013

What's My Story...Kyle Bogner



There is so much about Orange Friends Church that has been a blessing over the past 2 ½ years since I came to know Christ.  However, probably the biggest has been the ability to volunteer at C.R.A.C.K. House Ministries on a weekly basis with a group of people from Orange Friends.  My dad works Narcotics cases for the criminal division of the IRS, so naturally  his hatred for drug dealers and users influenced me.  God has used C.R.A.C.K. House to remove my prejudices.  He has taught me that many addicts do not want to be in the situation they are in.  Many are just like you and me.  (C.R.A.C.K. House is a ministry supported by Orange Friends and ministers to addicts in the Linden area of Columbus.)
In addition, C.R.A.C.K. House has taught me what it truly means to be thankful towards God and has made me more acutely aware of my own addictions such as materialism, pride, and desiring to please man rather than God.  Growth has been slow and not without setbacks but I know for certain that if it were not for working at C.R.A.C.K. House ministries with the group from Orange Friends, I would not be where I am in my relationship with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment