Thursday, June 6, 2013

What is my Story.... Connie Kimmins Testimony



I went to church when I was a teenager, but in my twenties I strayed back out into sin.  God worked on my heart and brought me back.  I was a prodigal daughter brought back into the family of God.  God had been working on my heart.  

 When my second granddaughter was a newborn, she was at Children’s Hospital.  I was coming home from the hospital and hit the back of another car.  The man whose car I hit got out of his car and asked me if I was alright.  After I told him that I had just visited Children’s Hospital where my granddaughter was he asked me if I believed in God.  I said yes.  He prayed for her right there on Cleveland Ave.  The police officer did not give me a citation either. 

I first went to Orange Friends Church on Easter 2011, then I did not go anywhere until February 19 of 2012.  It was my birthday and I wanted to go to church but did not know where I wanted to go.  I ended up going again to Orange Friends Church.  That day I met Lois Jones.  She told me it was her birthday that day; and I told her it was mine also.  She showed me where all the classes were and especially the class for new people.  Everyone was so friendly   -  that did impress me.

I not only finished the class but joined the church and was baptized July 2012.  I went through the discipleship class with Amy Clark from church.  I became closer to God.  I joined a small group and benefited greatly from the teaching and fellowship with the group.

God has been with me every day through trials and sorrow and has not let me down.  I could not have made it through the death of my husband if Jesus was not in my heart.  The church has meant so much to me.
I thank God for the church, Pastor David Mabry and all who attend church here.

No comments:

Post a Comment