Thursday, February 24, 2011

Unified

Psalm 133

How good and pleasant it is
when God’s people live together in unity!
It is like precious oil poured on the head,
running down on the beard,
running down on Aaron’s beard,
down on the collar of his robe.
It is as if the dew of Hermon
were falling on Mount Zion.
For there the LORD bestows his blessing,
even life forevermore.


Unity- Agreement- Harmony- Accord- Unison- Union – Concord- Unanimity

One of the greatest things that God desires for His people is to live in peace and unity. He says that when there is unity in the church He WILL bestow His blessing in that place.

1 Corinthians 1:9-12

God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. My brothers, some from Chloe's household have informed me that there are quarrels among you. What I mean is this: One of you says, "I follow Paul"; another, "I follow Apollos"; another, "I follow Cephas"; still another, "I follow Christ."

I was researching how to accomplish such unity with a family of such different personalities, job areas, and goals in life. I came across a devotion by Joe Medway. (I can’t take credit for this)

Unity requires several things
1. LOWLINESS
= Humbleness and Humility; we have to walk in humility in our lives.

2. MEEKNESS
= Gentleness; enduring all things with an even temper, tender, free from naughty self-sufficiency, (meeting one’s own needs)
Tenderness of Spirit. We realize who God is. We can walk with meekness towards people if we have the heart of Christ.
The church cannot keep its unity if the heart of Christ is not living in the hearts of the people.

3. FORBEARING ONE ANOTHER
= To bear up, hold up, endure, bear with each other, forgiving one another.

4. LOVE
= The uniting bond of perfectness. There can be no unity evidenced outside of love. Binds together; completeness has reached its full and intended end.

These are things I am trying to instill in my heart for my family, my marriage, and my church family. These are the things that will produce unity and spiritual growth.

Pray on these things and join us this Sunday morning at 10:45am for our ALL CHURCH WORSHIP!

-Sierra Stephanoff

No comments:

Post a Comment