Friday, July 30, 2010

Casting Your Cares

When I was a kid, my family and I went camper shopping. We searched for hours for the perfect pop-up camper. We walked into one and I got super excited. I brought my sisters in and showed them what I had found. This pop up camper had a paper towel holder built into the kitchen! Something so insignificant to most people, but since we didn’t have one at home, for some reason it made this camper THE ONE!! My parents eventually bought it for other reasons, but they still remind me about the time I got so excited about the paper towel holder.

This story although silly, says a lot about who I am. For some reason it’s the little things in life that get me the most excited, especially when God comes though on those little things to make something perfect just for me. The things in life that most people find insignificant, God brings to my attention and whispers in my ear, “that was just for you”. This not only brightens my day, but increases my faith. God loves me for me and created me so He could share His love with me.

Last night I had a terrible anxiety dream about the wedding. Nothing was done and we were hours away from the ceremony. I woke up to the sound of my cell phone going off. It was my sister, so honestly I pushed ignore and went back to sleep. I couldn’t fall back to sleep though, so I called her back. She wanted to know if we could get together to go over wedding details and she wanted me to make a list of ways she could help. She also reminded me that I’m not alone in this and not to stress out. This made my day! God really does care about everything in my life and desires all of us to cast our cares upon Him.

Psalm 55

22 Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous fall.

If you are feeling overwhelmed or anxious today, I encourage you to read the rest of Psalm 55. God really does care about the things in your life, as big or as small as they are; He desires for you to fully rely on Him.


Sierra Hanna
Orange Friends Church
Director of Worship Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment