Friday, July 2, 2010

Bringing Life into Focus

I love to make fun of TV commercials. In fact, it’s one of the reasons I like to watch sports. The TV commercials are hilarious. Recently there was a product being advertised where there were five women around a rhino with blindfolds on. Each one can only feel what is in front of them and it was ridiculous. Then when the blindfolds were taken off, they said with a sigh and a giggle, “ooo, It’s a rhino.” I, on the other hand, would most likely have had another reaction involving screaming and running in the opposite direction.

I guess God uses everything around to try and teach me because it came to mind while I was praying this week. The enemy would love to keep your eyes only focused on the one thing that is in front of you and distract you from God’s bigger, better plan.

Genesis 15 talks about the covenant between Abraham and God. God knew that Abraham had no descendants and knew that it was a big deal in Abraham’s life. But, even as big as the problem was, God’s promise was bigger! “Look up at the heaven’s and count the stars, if indeed you can count them, so shall your offspring be.”

God made the impossible possible for Abraham because he was faithful and believed. In my life, I need a constant reminder of God’s bigger plan, the blessing he has given me, and the promises he has already put into action.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:28

Come join us Sunday morning as we continue exploring just how big and awesome our God is, and how he has been in control from the beginning.

Sierra Hanna
Orange Friends Church
Director of Worship Ministries

No comments:

Post a Comment