Friday, August 13, 2010

Tiny Church


Psalm 46:10 (New International Version)

10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."

I wanted to share with you my second favorite part of my vacation to Arizona. The first of course was when Andrew proposed! But before that, my future Mother and Father-in-law took us to one of the smallest churches in the United States. Along US 95 there is a tiny church built by a farmer in honor of his wife. The sign on the outside of the church reads “Stop, Rest, Worship”. The church was about 7’ by 12’ with pews and a small pulpit. On the pulpit was a sign-in book. People from all over had written in prayers for healing and words of encouragement for weary travelers.

God’s presence was in this tiny church. As you enter, you can almost feel the stories of the people who wrote in the sign-in book and the prayers that had been lifted up there. I was encouraged by the simplicity of this church. There wasn’t a great deal of detail put into the construction of this building, but God showed up there!

Where is your Tiny Church? Is there a sacred place you have set aside to reconnect with God on a daily basis? I encourage you this week to find a quiet place where you can be still and listen to the whisper of the Heart of God.

-Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment