Friday, May 27, 2011

Dusty Shoes

“However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.” - Acts 20:24

I started running again these last couple of weeks and I found out really quickly that I am nowhere close to where I used to be in endurance. I took a couple of the colder winter months off and now, running feels like a completely new activity to me. As I trudge on, I find my muscles fighting to find the place they used to be, my lungs aching to find the freedom they once knew, and worst of all, my brain trying to find the focus and endurance spirit it once knew!

It reminds me of sometimes when I get into a funk in my spiritual walk. If I take a break for even a day from my spiritual discipline and meeting with God, I find that the enemy will find any way to tear down my spiritual muscles and add on a layer of FAT! (Fat meaning junk that I just don’t need in my life – sin, depression, fear, etc.) IT’S TIME TO GET MY RUNNING SHOES OUT AGAIN!

Galatians 5

"You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. “A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough." I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is throwing you into confusion, whoever that may be, will have to pay the penalty."

Yeah he will!

And don’t forget we are not alone in this friends!!

Hebrews 12

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Pray with me.

Father, I want you. I want to fix my eyes on you. Father help me dust off my running shoes. Take away this layer of crud that is holding me down and help me to pursue a life worthy of the calling you have given me! AMEN

As you continue in this race I will be praying for you if you will pray for me.

Let me know how I can be praying for you today… Email me at sierra@orangefriendschurch.org

Want more information about how you can get connected with other racers? Visit us at www.orangefriendschurch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment