Sticking by your choices can be a challenge. We all “waffle” in different decisions in life. Especially big choices like where to go out to eat when with your spouse. “Where do you want to go?” ,“Oh I don’t know where do you want to go?” , “No, really, where do you want to go?”, and on and on it goes. Well, actually, there are bigger choices.
There is a classic song, “I Have Decided to Follow Jesus”, that affirms a solid choice. This is the most important decision of your life. The chorus ends with “no turning back, no turning back”. Have you turned back? Either consciously or unconsciously. How have you stayed focused on the path ahead?
Consider a life of “no turning back”:
• Daily renew your path towards Jesus. This includes a deliberate conversation with God that says, “Today is Your day, Oh, God”
• Balance your time between other followers of Jesus and those who have yet to choose this path. Being around other disciples will help with encouragement and accountability. Being around those who are not yet will allow you to be salt and light like others were for you before you became a Christ follower.
• Restore your love for Scripture. If you never had a true love for scripture, plead with God until you get this passionate abandon for His Word.
• Worship daily. Fully engage in Corporate Worship. No turning back is the act of running to God even if you see things that will trip you up on the path. Run, and Run hard after Him in worship.
• Live as Jesus did. Love as Jesus does. Hope for things Jesus will do in the future.
What do you think? How do you follow Jesus with a “no turning back” attitude? What else would you add to the list above?
“No turning back” with you,