Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Am I Connected or Disconnected?

"No man is an Island".... how many times have you heard that?
Well, the truth in that statement hits home more times than not in our lives. I cannot tell you how many times I have tried to launch out on my own to find that I really need people and, ultimately, I need God.
I cannot sing with Frank that "I did it my way!" and feel good about the results. I would rather chime in with "I did it with others" and "I did it God's way".
We were made for connecting with others and with God. We were given this "relationship gene" that drives us towards one another. We have a God shaped hole in our lives that only He can fill.
What about you? Have you experienced this longing for genuine and authentic relationships? Have you considered what it must be like to have a true relational connection with God that transcends "religious" activity or just being a "good" person?

Let me know what you are thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment