Thursday, August 7, 2014

Reflections of His Hands, His Feet

July 30th through August 3rd, 2014 was an interesting time for me…the “His Hands, His Feet” local mission event.  First, let me thank everyone who participated in this event, especially the “His Hands, His Feet” leadership team.  There are a handful of people who put in a lot of time towards making this event happen, and I thank each of you. 

God provided in so many ways during those 5 days.  First, He provided people, His people, with willing hearts.  There were 91 persons from Orange Friends Church (OFC) who participated either by showing up and working at or praying at a job site or praying from home or their vacation spot.  There were 75 people throughout the week who were able, at one time or another, to participate physically at a specific job site.  And again, I thank every one of you!

And thank you to all who were able to provide towards this event, financially.  Again, God provided above and beyond financially, not only through your giving, but the many businesses that gave us discounts once they heard what “His Hands, His Feet” was about.  God is so good! 

For those who were able to participate, I think that all would agree that our cups were overflowing. 

Many lives and organizations have been blessed through your willing hearts, and the sacrifices many made for this event, which we can pray will bring people closer to God and build His kingdom.

For me, I especially enjoyed the end of the day. (Ok, I know some of you are thinking, yeah he was tired and ready to go home).  I enjoyed the end of the day because of the testimony time.  We all have a testimony.  We all have a story.  A story of how God has worked in our lives.  A story of how God has brought us through some difficult time or circumstance.

Many testimonies were shared this week.  When we share our testimony with others, I believe God is pleased.  Our testimony can help others.  God will make sure our testimony will help others.  When we share our testimony, I believe we are blessed also. 

All of our testimonies are important.  Often we feel that our testimony is not strong enough, or that it is boring.  I remember being at the C.R.A.C.K. House Ministry about 4 to 5 years ago.  We have a time of testimony there every week.  A lady got up to give her testimony.  It was the most powerful testimony I have ever recalled, and not a word was spoken.  She got up, went to the microphone, and started crying.  She cried for about 2 to 3 minutes and just could never get the words out, and then she proceeded to sit down.

This was a women who I had never seen before and do not believe I have seen since.  But her testimony was powerful to me.  I think of her on occasion and pray for her.  Her willingness to get up, although she was unable to get the words out, impacted me.  And I am sure others were praying for her also.

I say that only to say we never know how our testimony will impact others.  It does not take a special speech, dramatic words, it does not even need to make complete sense, and as mentioned above, it may not even require words. 

If we are willing to show or tell others of our need for God in our lives, of how God works in our lives, of God’s amazing love…..then God is pleased.

I thank everyone for their work and dedication last week, but I also thank you for your testimonies.  Share how God worked in your life, how God was working while you were digging holes, cooking and serving meals, visiting strangers, packing boxes, praying…..during the “His Hands, His Feet” event.

On Sunday August 3rd, the church left the building, to serve and love others.  After that final time together on Sunday, after lunch, we all left the building with a testimony…a testimony to share with others, not to keep to ourselves.

Ron Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment