Wednesday, September 12, 2012

By Your Side

By Your Side

Isaiah 54:10 (NIV)
" 'Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,'
says the Lord, who has compassion on you."



     This was a very easy devotional to write because God has me in a very specific place of learning.  Isn’t it great when God is trying to teach you something and He is so generous with His examples and so clear with His message?  This week, His message was clear to me: “I am always with you”.

     My husband and I have been very busy lately with the move to our new home, and a new job for him, as well as a busy season for me with the new fall piano lesson schedule and the preparation for the upcoming Women’s Conference, October 19-21.  And believe it or not, the CHRISTMAS season will be here before you know it!  

     Andrew and I were having our evening devotions and sometimes I have to admit - I like to have all the right answers to all the devotional questions... the former Sunday School know-it-all coming out in me  :-/  But, this time was different.  The question was, “What do you feel is missing for your relationship right now?”  Normally I would give an answer to hint that I would like flowers, or a date night.  But tonight, the question hit me differently.  The one thing I felt like we had gotten away from was our daily devotion time and spending significant time alone and together with God.  We had a thousand things on our to-do list that week and for some reason there was an unspoken tension between us.  Was it really that simple?  Had we really just forgotten to ask God to join us?  That night, prayer time was very different.  God showed up in a big way and reminded us that all we had to do was turn to Him.  

     The next morning as I sat down to do my devotions, the scriptures I'm sharing with you today were at the heading along with the title, “I Am Always Available To You”.  Today as I sat down to write this blog, the song “By Your Side” was playing on Pandora.  I encourage you to click on the link below and listen to it.

"By Your Side", by Tenth Avenue North

   That night as I prayed, I asked God to gently remind us each day, as we wake up, clean house, go to work, or whatever we do, to make Himself known and to help us acknowledge Him.   What amazing proof that we have a loving God who never leaves us and cares specifically about us and hears our prayers. 

     My challenge for you is to make it a priority to daily meet with God.  I am excited to see what He does next and what season of learning He has for all of us.  

Genesis 28:15 (NIV)

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

Matthew 28:20 (NIV)

"and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”



-Sierra



No comments:

Post a Comment