Friday, June 22, 2012


"IF MY PEOPLE..."

2 Chronicles 7:14:  "If my people who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and I will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Last Sunday, Scott Biddle spoke about taking a risk.  This verse in 2 Chronicles has been on my heart all week with regard to taking the kind of risks Scott spoke about.  I wonder what would happen if we all took some time each day to pray specifically for our communities, and for the Lord to heal our land. 

A lot of the time, this isn't the question we're asking ourselves.  Usually it's, "I wonder what people would think of me if I went around praying for people", like Scott challenged us to do.  Or, we are too distracted with life to even consider taking the time to see what God wants us to bring before Him. 

This verse challenges us to humble ourselves and pray.  This means to cast down the crowns of pride and life's "more important things" to stop and pray and listen to what God wants us to do. 

TAKE A RISK this week.  Pray for those around you.  Pray for your community. Pray for the person behind you in traffic, or at the grocery store, or for your co-worker.  Make your question, "I wonder what God is going to do today?"  And expect big things!

-Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment