Friday, April 20, 2012

Just as I am


Most people who know me, know that I am a competitive person.  This used to be very helpful in high school and in college when I was actually in competitions.  This healthy competitiveness would push me to be better at whatever I was doing.  

Sometimes as we get older, the healthy competition turns into something not so healthy.  A lot of time we find ourselves comparing our appearance, family, finances, and even our walk with God to others. 

Galations 5:26

Let us not become vainglorious and self-conceited, competitive and challenging provoking and irritating to one another, envying and being jealous of one another. 

A lot of time we won’t outwardly show our competitive nature by challenging our neighbor, who just got a new car, to a joust. But, on the inside we become bitter, unhappy, and self loathing.  

If we could only see ourselves through the eyes of our Maker, there would be less need to compare ourselves to others, because He Loves Us for who we are, not for what others are.

You take me as I am
Even though I am broken and bewildered
You tell me who I am
A Child of the Master
Though I don’t understand
How you could love someone like me
Still… You take me as I am

-Sierra Stephanoff

No comments:

Post a Comment