Friday, December 2, 2011

December Stress

December is one of the most stressful times of the year. OR does it have to be? About five years ago I asked a mentor of mine, who happened to be a worship director, how she made it through the Christmas season. I knew that she had three programs to plan, family to entertain and gifts to buy. She shared something with me that I will never forget – You can choose to be stressed out or to not. We are to live out everything we do as an act of worship bringing Glory to the Lord. How are we doing this if we are so stressed out during a time of Celebration in Him that we end up hating the season?

1 Peter 5:7 says
“Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you.”

Matthew 11:28 says
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest”

I don’t think that a God of peace and comfort desires us to be upset and stressed out during a time of celebration. Now that I am in the shoes of my mentor and doing a million things at a time during this season, I need to hear this more than ever.

Join me in casting our cares on the Lord this season so we can focus on the celebration of Christ’s birth.

-Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment