Thursday, December 9, 2010

Commissioned for Christmas

Matthew 28:19-20

19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.


One of my students is singing a song by Casting Crowns which has been ringing through my ears this morning. God is with us! Many times in the business of this season we get so obsessed with the decorations and presents and family and schedule and…… did I get the cookies out of the oven and who did I forget out of all the cousins! Remembering that Jesus is the reason for the season is important, but even more important at this time of year is that Jesus is not just a baby in a manger. He is the Way, the Truth, the Life, and the Hope for all Nations. He has promised to be with us as we celebrate His love with family and presents and cookies. He has promised that if we seek Him this season, He will show up and He wants to do a work in you today.

Sierra Stephanoff

No comments:

Post a Comment