Friday, October 22, 2010

Holy Blessings!

1 peter 4:14-16

If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Recently I have been taking some flak for being a Christian and living in a Christian relationship. People who are in the world don’t get it! How could you dedicate your life to something you can’t see? How could you set boundaries in your life, on your habits, and in your relationship? Doesn’t is inconvenience you? It seems like such a hassle!

The answer is yes, of course. It is hard to walk a Christian life! No one said it would be easy. It’s not fun to be made fun of for the choices you make, and it is not easy to commit to boundaries.

But, can I tell you how much fun it is when God says, “I see you, my dear one. Guess what I have in store for you!”

Today for instance things are just going really well. I got to have a conversation with a friend that I have been praying for for a while. I got to share my faith in a real way and God answered a big prayer for me. Even though my trials are still there and there is always going to be a mountain, God is allowing me to climb. I have the blessed assurance that He has my back the whole way. He is faithful ALWAYS. He desires to bless me!

Praise you and you alone God!

-Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment