Wednesday, September 22, 2010

God of Provision, Protection, and Direction

Genesis 26:24
That night the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham."

At school this week we are talking about the Pentateuch (the first five books of the Bible). I had been through these books over and over again but each time I find a new jewel of knowledge. God is constantly showing me more and more about His character and how He arranges history for His glory and better yet arranges MY history to glorify Him.

Throughout Genesis, God is constantly reminding His followers of their history and how He has provided in the past and will provide in the future. Abraham had to trust God through impossible circumstances for an extremely long time, though humiliation, and against all odds. God promised him descendants even when there was no foreseeable way for this to happen. Finally when Abraham acknowledged Him and believed what God had promised, He brought it to pass. God said I will provide, I will protect you and your family, and look out here to the land I will give you. Abraham trusted Him and it was “credited to him as righteousness.” God is Truly a God of Provision, Protection and Direction!

Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph all endured great trials and had to wait to see what God had promised come to pass. God always comes through! IN HIS WAY. IN HIS TIME.

This week I am learning about how God is always faithful and if we trust in Him, He lets us in on it. I encourage you to dig deep into our rich history of God’s faithfulness this week!

-Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment