Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chewing on the Cud

This weeks blog by Sierra Hanna.

I had an interesting vision the other day as I was walking around the farm while visiting my parents in Holmes County. I was stewing over a “my timing verses God’s timing” issue and decided to ask God to teach me something through this.

I looked into the field and saw a cow chewing on some grass. A cow will chew on the same piece of grass for hours before swallowing. Then later the cow will bring it back up to chew on it some more. I know... it's kind of gross but... eating is a process in order to receive all of the nutrients in the grass. ( Don’t ask why I was thinking about the digestive system of a cow)

Psalm 139 1-12
1 O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

“Investigate my life” The Message says “my life is an open book to you.” It goes on to talk about how God sees everything and darkness is light to him. There is no hiding from God. Even the smallest emotion or deepest darkest secret is known by God. When you open up your life to Christ, expect him to do surgery! He can see things that are deep inside that need to be brought out in order to make your life, your relationships, and your walk better.

Like this cud... even if you have been on your journey for a while, God can and will teach you something new about yourself, your calling, or his character. Even when you think he is done working on you for a while, he will bring up new things for you to chew on. It has been so beneficial in my life to sit every morning and invite God into my day opening up my hands to his plan. Then, when I least expect it, I find myself in the middle of a lesson on how to break down another wall, worship more freely, be more forgiving, and ultimately grow close to the father.

God wants to draw us closer to his glory to make our lives better. HE wants our relationships to be healthier. He wants to free us up from bitterness, shame, and fear. This honors Him! This week I encourage you to sit and listen to what new thing God is doing to grow you. It never stops and the blessings are amazing!!!

Have a great week,
Sierra

No comments:

Post a Comment